Saturday, January 24, 2015

Quick Whole Wheat Waffles

My kids love waffles. I love waffles. Joe loves waffles. I have a handy-dandy waffle maker. Therefore, today was waffle day. (The hooligans didn't even whine that they weren't cold cereal...that I heard.)

I have previously posted about overnight whole wheat waffles. These are delicious, and worth the time. However, I didn't think about making them last night, so this morning was quick waffles. The kids like to "help" by wearing their aprons and playing in their bedroom. Sometimes they stir. Either way is fine by me :). This recipe takes under 10 minutes to put together, and then however long to make the waffles. I have a neat-o double waffle maker, so it goes quickly. This made 14 Belgian Waffles in my waffle maker. This was enough to feed 2 starving children, and 2 hungry adults with some left over.


2 large eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour (freshly ground is best)
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup oil (or melted butter)
1/4 cup applesauce
1 T sugar (brown or white)
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Then add all the other ingredients, and beat just until smooth.

Put into the waffle maker, according to directions.

Add butter, syrup, and a fork. Devour.

These waffles are best right out of the waffle maker. If you wait too long to eat them, the delicious crispy part gets squooshy. Which is still decent, but not as tasty as fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!