Saturday, January 24, 2015

Weekly Meal Plan Jan 24-30

I got another bountiful basket today. AND I got the juice pack and the Italian Pack. In case you are wondering, that's a LOT of veggies. Pretty much enough veggies that we may not eat meat this week. (Joe likes meat.) But they are yummy veggies, so that's a good thing.

The regular basket contained: 2 stalks of celery, 4 huge carrots, 2 green peppers, 3 ears of corn, 6 jalapenos, 4 lemons, 4 pomegranates, 2 tangerines, 5 tomatoes (I also inherited my sisters 4), 13 potatoes, a head of cauliflower, and 2 heads of napa cabbage.

The juice pack contained: 2 stalks of celery, 3 huge carrots, a beet (which was gifted to my sister), kale, 3 apples, 2 lemons, 2 oranges, and some ginger

The Italian pack contained: an eggplant, 1 zucchini (the teeniest one I have ever seen!), a head of garlic, 2 yellow onions, parsley, 2 lemons, 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, and 2 yellow peppers, and a pineapple (Unless the pineapple was in the juice pack... I can't remember!)

Needless to say, I am drowning in vegetables. My entire table is COVERED. Therefore, my creativity was stunted, and I headed to facebook land and the interwebs to find new recipes for the week.

Breakfasts:

  • Saturday: Whole wheat waffles with syrup. Kids were disappointed that it wasn't strawberries. (I have great kids!) 
  • Sunday: Omelets or scrambled eggs with veggies (well, mine will have veggies... Joe's will have ham and cheese.)
  • Monday: Leftover Oatmeal Bake from last week
  • Tuesday: Muffins (leftover from Saturday) and Hard-Boiled eggs. (I boiled up a bunch on Friday last week, and Roni loves them!)
  • Wednesday: cold cereal. The kids will be beyond thrilled. I might have toast and eggs. 
  • Thursday: leftover muffins or toast. 
  • Friday: cold cereal or leftovers
Lunches: 
  • Saturday: Carrot Applesauce Muffins, Cauliflower Cheese Soup
  • Sunday: Sunbutter Sandwiches
  • Monday: Finger Food (ants on a log, anyone?)
  • Tuesday: Mac and Cheese
  • Wednesday: Quesadillas
  • Thursday: Grilled Cheese
  • Friday: Finger Food 
Dinners: 
School Lunches: 
  • Muffin and String Cheese
  • Waffle Sandwich (leftover waffles with cream cheese and jam between them)
  • Finger Food
  • Sandwich
  • Homemade Lunchable

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!