Saturday, January 10, 2015

Weekly Meal Plan

I've been a little under the weather the last couple of days, PLUS my daughter had two baby teeth pulled, the car has been in the shop, and I have been playing stay-at-home mom! Sheesh, that's hard work.
The puker

The toothless 

The crazy one


Anyway, I got another bountiful basket (2 of them in reality,,, which is probably excess, but I would rather have TOO MANY veggies, than not enough.)


This week we got: 2 clam-shells of strawberries 10 oranges, 2 grapefruit (I traded the rest of them to my sister for extra tomatoes), 3 clam-shells of baby tomatoes, 20 of the hugest carrots I have ever seen, a heap of both orange and red bell peppers (which I adore), 2 broccoli, a bag plus a few loose red potatoes, 2 big zucchini, 4 English cucumbers, and 4 beautiful big yellow onions,

Here's the breakdown of the menu:

Breakfasts:
cereal (my kids' favorite)
German pancakes with strawberries
Omelets (probably made in the waffle maker.)
2 extra large eggs with ham and peppers thrown in a Belgian Waffle maker turns out SUPER yummy (add cheese after!) 

baked oatmeal
leftover muffins and eggs
cereal
leftover oatmeal bake

Lunches:
Carrot Applesauce muffins (from http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2013/10/25/recipe-whole-wheat-carrot-applesauce-muffins/), with oranges and cut up veggies 


Leftovers/quick food after church
Finger Food (crackers, cheese, lunch meat, veggies, fruit)
Grilled Cheese and Salad
Cheese Soup (I will add this recipe later, but it's delicious and easy!)
Leftovers
Quesadillas

Dinners
Ham, Potato, and Corn Chowder (with added carrots!)--because with all the craziness of the week, I didn't make it yet, and everyone likes it a lot!  

Casserole @ my mom's house. We will take fruit salad and green salad
Cordon Bleu Casserole (chicken, rice, ham, and cheese, YUM!) with zuchinni
Stuffed peppers/meatballs with smashed red potatoes and broccoli
Finger Food
Grilled Cheese
Out to dinner!

I am super excited for all the yumminess going on this week. I will try to keep adding recipes as I cook, but no guarantees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!