Saturday, February 28, 2015

Meal Plan 2/28 to 3/7

So, this is my last "free" weekend on maternity leave. Menu planning will be a little... well, different for the next 12 weeks. Hopefully all 3 kids will thrive, I will enjoy being out of the house, and daddy won't go too crazy! We shall see.

This week, I got another Bountiful Basket. The pictures actually show two, because I picked up my sister's basket as well. We got: apples, bananas, oranges, blueberries, celery, carrots, avacados, lettuce, broccoli, English cucumber, and asparagus. Yum-O! The blueberries have already disappeared into two hungry kids' bellies, and the apples, bananas, and oranges will be cut up and delivered directly to their hands as well. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits (Joe's too), so we will eat that with dinner tonight.

Breakfasts:
Omelets and blueberries
pancakes
cold cereal (cop-out for my first day at work!)
toast and eggs
cold cereal and fruit
muffins
eggs

Lunches will be finger-food for the boy, packed lunches for the girl, and leftovers for me and Joe when we work. There may also be days of chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and frozen pizza for Joe and the boy.

Dinner (the good part!):
Broccoli cheese soup with apple cinnamon muffins and pineapple
Chicken/rice casserole and fruit salad
Baked Tater bar
Crockpot Italian Chicken, pasta, and steamed asparagus
Tacos (the avocados should be ripe...yum)
Brinner: Waffles or French Toast and fruit
Grilled cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!